Installing Flash Player
There are several ways to install flash support in Ubuntu, here we are discussing two relatively easy methods
- This is the easiest way to install flash player in Ubuntu, Just type in sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree ,this will fetch and install the plugin from internet (this works only if you have an active internet connection).
- Go to http://www.adobe.com and download the Adobe flashplayer (the tar.gz download,remember do it all from linux, otherwise you will be redirecte to windows ).In this example we consider the file is downloaded to ~/Desktop (~/ represents the user's directory in linux)
- change directory to ~/Desktop
- tar xvfz install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz command will untar the tar file and change directory cd install_flash_player_9_linux/
- sudo ./flashplayer-installer will invoke the installer and you will be asked a few questions.Answer the questions appropreately an the installation will be completed succesfully
NB: if the installer is aking for the installation path of mozilla then just enter /usr/lib/mozilla
This is all.Now you are ready to rock with youtube and metacafe!