Amarok is the music player for Linux and Unix with an intuitive interface.We all know how hard it is to maintain a good music collection, however Amarok makes organizing your music easier than ever.
Features of Amarok
Amarok is not just like any other music player available, it's more than a simple music player.It can be used to organize a music library into folders according to the information such as artist,genre and album, it can be used to manage music tags, album art,etc
- Amarok can play many types of media files including Ogg, MP3, AAC, WAV, Windows Media Audio, Apple Lossless, WavPack, TTA and Musepack, the list is not complete!
- Amarok can help you in associating Album art (Cover art) with a particular album, and retrieving the cover art from Amazon
- Creating and organizing playlists are more easier with Amarok it even supports dynamic playlists.
- Synchronizing, retrieving, playing, or uploading music to the following digital music players like iPod.
- Displaying artist information from Wikipedia and retrieving song lyrics.
- Last.fm support, including submitting played tracks (including those played on some digital music players) to Last.fm, retrieving similar artists, and playing Last.fm streams.
- You can even manage and listen to your favorite Podcasts using Amarok.
- The integration of Magnatune, a non-DRM digital music store, enabling users to purchase music in Ogg, FLAC, WAV and MP3 formats.
How to install Amarok in Ubuntu ?
- Just type-in sudo apt-get install Amarok in your terminal.